Depew Whole-House Humidifiers and Dehumidifiers Repair and Installation Services
There is no denying that Depew, NY is notorious for our long, cold winters, but we also endure some pretty hot and humid summers as well. An active day spent in the heat or a cold day spent outside, needs to be complemented by coming home to a proper interior climate. As a homeowner, you deserve to be comfortable. Refuge from a hot and sticky summer day or a cold wintry night, is dependent upon having reliable heating and cooling professionals that you can count on.
Are the humidity levels in your home becoming a burden? Then it might be time to have a humidifier and dehumidifier installed in your home, in order to control dry air and excessive moisture. However, single-room models are only able to control the environment in just one room, leaving the rest of your home feeling uncomfortable. If this is a problem for you, you may want to consider a whole-house humidifier and dehumidifier.
What are the benefits of whole-house humidifiers and dehumidifiers?
These units provide numerous benefits that address issues of both comfort and practicality.
Benefits of whole-house humidifiers:
- Improved health: Many pathogens favor dry air, and this can make you more susceptible to things like colds, influenza, and fungal or bacterial infections. Asthma may also be worse in dry environments, because it allows dust and other allergens to stay suspended in the air. With a whole-house humidifier you will no longer have to worry.
- Staying comfortable: If winters are cold and dry where you live, you’re likely familiar with the discomfort of low humidity. Low humidity causes chapped, cracked, and itchy skin and lips, which becomes extremely uncomfortable. If you are spending all day slathering on lotion and chap stick, then you may want to invest in a whole-house humidifier.
- Protecting your home: Moisture-deficient air wreaks havoc on many areas of a home. These areas include painted walls, wood furniture, wood floors, plaster, paintings, electronics, and even your houseplants. By using a whole-house humidifier, you can prevent the negative effects of dry air in the home.
Benefits of whole-house dehumidifiers:
- Mold prevention: When indoor air becomes too moist, it can promote the growth of mold and mildew. Aside from making an unsightly presentation, these fungi can damage your home and pose a threat to your health. With the help of a whole-house dehumidifier, these problems can be avoided.
- Comfort: Living in a home that is too humid is as bad as living in one that is too dry. Sticky, muggy air drains your energy, and makes it nearly impossible to cool down. High-humidity can also make it extremely hard to get a good night’s rest. Take back the comfort in your home by investing in a whole-house dehumidifier.
- Food preservation: Common foods like flour, rice, beans, sugar, bread, and potatoes will spoil much more faster in an excessively humid home. By using a whole-house dehumidifier, you can keep your foods fresh longer, thereby saving money and minimizing waste.
What problems do whole-house humidifiers/dehumidifiers solve?
Unlike single-room models, a whole-house system allows you to consistently improve the moisture levels in all parts of your home at the same time. This is more efficient because you don’t have to purchase and maintain separate units for every part of your home, and ultimately, whole-house units cost less to operate.
They can also solve problems related to health and finances. Keeping humidity levels within a normal range can cut down on your need for doctor visits, allergy medications, and skin products. Furthermore, they can help you avoid otherwise needless home repairs and cleanup projects caused by too little or too much moisture.
Is installing a whole-house unit right for you?
If you are tired of struggling with air that’s either bone-dry or too balmy, then a whole-house humidifier and dehumidifier may be right for you. To find out more, feel free to give us a call today.