Depew Ductless Mini Split AC Services
Everyone wants to save money. For residents throughout Depew, NY and the surrounding areas we’ve been providing energy and money saving solutions for their homes’ cooling and heating systems. Ductless mini splits can help you focus your cooling efforts on specific rooms in the house, while saving you money on your cooling bills.
What benefits do these units offer?
- No intrusive duct work: When a home hasn’t had a previously installed central air conditioning unit, the duct work can be extremely intrusive. Holes have to be drilled throughout the home to allow the ducts to service the entire home. The installation can take days. With a ductless mini split, there is no duct to worry about.
- Save on installation costs: The extra work required to install a new air conditioning system when one did not previously exist, can be quite expensive. The entire home has to have duct and vents installed. With a ductless mini split, the cost is lowered because there is less labor and materials needed.
- Save money on cooling bills: Not only do you save money on installation, but your monthly cooling bill will be significantly lower, because a central air conditioning unit is responsible for cooling the whole home at once. With a central AC unit there is no way to close off certain zones when they are not in use. Ductwork from a central AC system can also incur leaks over time.
- Various zones: Most people congregate in certain parts of the home, like the kitchen or living room. Instead of cooling the entire home at one temperature, the individual units can be controlled for the comfort of the people in that room. You may need to cool down a specific room more than another one, which is only possible with a mini split AC system.
How much money can you expect to save?
The cost of the installation is lower, because there is less labor and materials involved in the installation. The monthly energy bill can go down as much as 30 percent compared to a centralized unit that cools the entire home.
What common problems can you expect to encounter?
- Estimating the correct size for the room: An undersized unit will not cool the room efficiently, while an oversized unit will continually start and stop because the room cools too quickly.
- Higher installation costs compared to window units: A window unit is a cheaper option to a mini split system, but the mini split will provide better cooling and more energy efficiency in the long run.
- Not enough units to cover all the rooms: Each room needs its own system. Homeowners should consider their basic routine when thinking about what kind of system to install.
How can you maintain your unit so that it functions at optimum efficiency?
- Cleaning: There’s no duct work to clean, but that doesn’t mean that the homeowner doesn’t have to worry about cleaning the system. The air filters should be cleaned periodically to improve overall efficiency.
- Connections: Homeowners can visually check the pipes and connections from the condenser to the system. Any signs of wear or improper connection should be fixed immediately.
- Professional maintenance: Once a year, before the start of the cooling season, contact us to clean your system and check the motors, coils, and fans. Proper maintenance is key to achieving superior cooling performance.