The crispness of fall and the cold days of winter in Depew, NY, all point to why it is important for furnaces to be maintained and repaired quickly. At Emerald Heating & Cooling, we want to take the time to highlight some information concerning furnaces. Here are questions and answers that residents and businesses can find very useful.
Scheduling regular maintenance appointments will be the best way to ensure that your unit is operating properly. A visit can be brief, and we can make sure that everything is looking great.
When ductwork is not installed properly, it can cost an owner a lot of money in utility bills. A new filter can make a furnace work more efficiently, because a newer filter won’t struggle to allow air to pass through it, therefore your unit won’t have to work as hard. A furnace that has regular tune-ups can help to ensure that it will function at its best. Finally, replacing an old, failing furnace with a new one can help save on energy costs.
Maintenance visits are intended to ensure that a furnace is running well. If something needs to be addressed, it will be. A furnace that is not maintained can end up being a huge financial burden, because small problems quickly turn into large ones that require more time and money to fix.
If the pilot light on your furnace keeps going out, begins to flicker, or you discover that the flame is yellow instead of blue; this could likely indicate a carbon monoxide leak, which is a very serious issue. Older furnaces can develop cracks that can cause carbon monoxide to seep out. Although carbon monoxide is odorless, the presence of a gas leak does have a smell that is similar to that of rotten eggs, natural gas can emit a byproduct of carbon monoxide.
If you notice an unpleasant odor wafting around your home, evacuate your residence immediately and contact our office for emergency service. Also, do not attempt to start you car or use any devices in or around your home. If you begin to see an excessive amount of condensation on your windows or members of your family start to feel sick you are likely experiencing a leak. We want to ensure that you and your family are safe, which is why our specialists make themselves available 24 hours a day 7 days a week in the event of more critical situation.
A carbon monoxide leak can cause headaches, dizziness, nausea, loss of consciousness, shortness of breath, and in extreme cases death by asphyxiation. It is important to have your furnace maintained regularly. We can perform a thorough inspection on your system, make any needed repairs, and replace the unit when necessary to avoid any potential danger.