Depew Boiler Installations and Replacement Services
Your boiler is an integral part of your homes heating system. In the winter months, you count on your boiler to keep your home warm and your family comfortable. If your boiler begins to fail and needs repairs, your heating system will suffer, and so will your ability to take hot showers. You might notice a rise in energy costs, and that it takes much longer for your home to warm up. For residents throughout the Depew, NY area that are experiencing boiler problems…we’ve got your back!
What are some signs that it is time to invest in repairs?
- Metallic odor: If there is a strong metallic odor lingering around your boiler, it can be a sign that it needs to be repaired. These smells are typically an indication that there is gas or oil leaking from your boiler. One of those gases could be carbon monoxide, and you must seek immediate help.
- Pooled water: If you notice a pool of water around the bottom of your boiler or leaking from the base, you need repairs right away. If water is pooling at the base, your boiler will begin to use more fuel to achieve the same amount of heat for your home, raising your bills significantly.
- Loud and unusual noises: If your boiler begins making loud noises, it is time to have it looked at to determine what types of repairs you may need. These noises typically come from an iron buildup in your boiler. This excess of iron can cause uneven water distribution and further problems if not repaired.
- No warm air: If your heating system stops blowing warm air, it could be a sign of sludge build up in the bottom of your boiler. Once sludge begins to build up, your boiler will need to be repaired to work properly.
Is it time to replace your boiler?
- Frequent leaks: While your boiler might have an occasional leak that needs to be repaired, constant leaks can be a sign that it is time to replace your boiler.
- Age: The age of your boiler is a good indication of when you will need to have it replaced. If you have started having issues with your boiler, and it is an older model it might be better to replace it rather than spend money on constant repairs.
- Rust and scaling: If you notice there is a buildup of rust and scaling around the pipes of your boiler, it is an indication that it is time to replace it. These come from small leaks that spring up as your boiler begins to fail.
- Clanging and banging: It is not unusual to hear a certain amount of noise from your heating system, but as your unit ages and begins to fail, you will hear loud clanging and banging noises or possibly grinding sounds that come from the boiler.
Which parts are inspected during a maintenance check?
During a regular maintenance check of your boiler, we will inspect your pipes for any signs of leaks and check the flame level. They will listen to your boiler for unusual sounds, and inspect the valves, pump, and gages for any sign of trouble. Additionally, they will inspect the boiler casing for damage or weakness.
The best way to ensure that your boiler is running efficiently, is to make sure that you have it inspected by a professional before the winter begins, to have any needed repairs conducted in a timely manner.